HipStreet W8 Pro 8″ Windows 8.1 Tablet Review & Gaming Test
HipStreet W8 Pro 8″ Windows 8.1 Tablet Review & Gaming Test using Skyrim. After spending some time with the HipStreet W8 Pro, I thought I’d get some impressions up of it. While I am skeptical of chinese tablet quality, this one seems to be very decent for its price, and the shortcomings at this price are easily overlooked.
• 8 Inch 1280 x 800 IPS 5-point touch Screen
• 1.33GHz Intel Quad Core Z3735F CPU with 1.83GHz Burst mode
• Intel HD graphics at 311Mhz to 646Mhz (turbo)
• 2GB 1333 Mhz RAM
• 32GB eMMC SSD – plus supports up to a 32GB MicroSD Card
• HDMI 1080p output via Micro HDMI connector
• Windows 8.1 32 Bit Operating System
• Microsoft Office 365 (1 year Subscription)
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (size unknown. At least 3500mAh)
• Micro USB 2.0 interface + packed in OTG Micro USB to standard USB connector.
• Built-in mono speaker & mic
• Front (2MP) / Rear (2MP) cameras
• 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi module,
There is almost next to nothing out there on this tablet – not even from Hipstreet, so I thought to get this video up so everyone can get a good look.
The tablet is cheaply made, but still feels decently built despite its use of plastics and silver paint. The performance is near Venue 8 Pro levels thanks to the Z3735F and 2Gb of RAM, but make no mistake, it’s no Venue 8 Pro in terms of quality and construction. The inclusion of a HDMI out port is welcome as you dont see these on many low cost tabs, It works great too and really opens up the use of desktop applications (like Office 365) and gaming once you are able to project your image up to 1080p.
In conclusion, for the price and its 8 inch, 2Gb / 32Gb configuration, the tablet is recommended. The most puzzling peice of its design remains the speaker at the back, meaning that generic 8″ tablet cases will muffle the speaker.